Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Schadenfreude

Other than the State Fair being in town, the big news in Columbia and in the state of South Carolina this week is the termination/resignation of Clemson head coach, Tommy Bowden. I'm really torn as to how I should be feeling about this, because I think Clemson fans wanted him to be gone, but at the same time, Tommy Bowden has managed to beat Carolina year after year. Anyway, I realize most Pop Cultured readers don't care too much about the football thing, but regardless, I am taking way too much pleasure in this guy's pain, and I think you all should as well.

4 comments:

Gaby D. said...

pain? He got the $3 million buy-out!

Steph said...

Poor baby. God I love hearing Clemson fans blubber over losing a Bowden.

Rebecca said...

this makes me way too happy....i'm terribly mean-spirited but i love it.

Graham said...

I love it too. I hate that whole damn Bowden family. And he won 8 games there like every season. They think they're a big powerhouse, but they're gonna have trouble finding a coach who'll win that many games and always beat the cocks.

Have fun, Clemson! See you in a few weeks!