Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ending of Watchmen Changed?

Any geek worth his/her salt has read Alan Moore's Watchmen, bitched about Heroes ripping it off rather poorly, and gotten really excited about the film adaptation finally coming out next spring. It's from, Dawn of the Dead (2004) director, Zack Snyder. Yes, please! But recently rumors have been rumbling suggesting that the crucial ending to the graphic novel has been made a little more palpable for film audiences. I'm fine with turning a giant squid into anything else... but this shiz ends on a down note and that's how it better stay. I don't want to to lose the massive geek-rection I get every time I watch the Watchmen trailer.


It's not wrong that hearing "The Beginning is the End is the Beginning" makes my nipples hard now, right? More importantly... how amazing is it that a song from the Batman & Robin soundtrack could make the jump to the Watchmen trailer? That's hope for us all right there.

1 comment:

Graham said...

Man, you're really excited about that, huh? I really liked Dawn of the Dead [04], but I had zero tolerance for 300. If you removed all the slow motion and multiple camera angle stuff, that movie would be 17 minutes long. 17 boring minutes.

So I'm on the fence with this one. I'm afraid it might be another 300...