Saturday, October 25, 2008

Don't Blame Me I Voted for Kodos

So Facebook has put up a free gift today... McCain and Obama '08 buttons and like all gifts they show you who's been giving them to who and what they say. So far I've seen tons of people giving the McCain pins to liberals and the Obama pins to Conservatives and then listing all the reason their political opinions should be different. This is officially one step more annoying than using your facebook status to spout your political opinions. Which brings me to my question... who are the ad wizards that came up with this one? Is there anything more annoying than sending someone a message whose purpose is just to tell them that they're wrong about an election? The only thing more pointless would be if Facebook put up religious icons and people started sending one another "You really should be a Christian, you're damed if you don't." and "Don't you think it's time you considered becoming a Unitarian Universalist? No you don't? Oh that's cool. Seriously we totally respect that."

Also,I'm defriending anyone who gives me one of these things as an attempt to legitimately convince me to vote for a particular candidate.

Oh and here's some Kodos and Kang action that summarizes everything I think about politics:

Citizen Kang


"Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others."

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

i explained this very episode, including "don't blame me, i voted for kodos" to megan just a mere two days ago. so yes, we do share the same brain.