Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

Film for me in the early 90s, being that I was somewhere between 7-11 years old, was largely random kiddie cinema. I was partial to musical Disney films, as pretty much everyone of my generation was at one time or another. Occasionally I would have the privilege of being introduced to grown-up films whilst spending the night or weekend at my older sister's apartment. I know I watched lots of movies at her place but a few spring to mind as frequent viewing... Fried Green Tomatoes (1991), Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), which I remember explicitly being recorded off of pay per view, Interview with the Vampire (1994)It (1990), which I know we rented multiple times from Blockbuster because I remember being fascinated by it being two VHS tapes whose cases were held together by a rubber band, and most important Benny and Joon (1993), the first romantic comedy I ever loved. At 10 years old I'm pretty sure my entire idea of romantic love was the scene where Johnny Depp makes dinner rolls dance. 

This bit of random nostalgia was brought to you by The Proclaimers' "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) which I somehow ended up at on YouTube:

No comments: