Thursday, October 09, 2008

Weird Al - Whatever You Like

It's October 9, 2008 and I am officially old. Weird Al's new song "Whatever You Like" is a parody of a song I've NEVER heard, T.I.'s "Whatever You Like." I don't mean it's a song I don't like or a song I'm not that familiar with. I mean that when I started listening to the parody version I actually thought, "Is this one of those original Weird Al songs?" After looking it up, and discovering it was at #1 on the Hot 100 for several weeks, I listened to T.I.'s song. Yep. I haven't heard a single note of it before. Now part of this is due to living in NYC and not owning a car or a radio but I'm pretty sure the larger problem here is just that I now have one foot in the grave. Also, what kind of song parody has the exact same title as the song it's a parody of? Kids today! 

No comments: