Thursday, October 02, 2008

Things I Don't Understand - Fred

So I spend a lot of time on the interwebs, watching a LOT of random crap on YouTube, but I have never before been so confused by the general public as I am by the popularity of Fred. Fred, as far as I can tell, is what you would get if Jennifer Tilly, The Flash, and Cher Horowitz somehow had a gay teenage son, gave him a video camera, and took his meds away. This kid has 29 videos on YouTube right now each of which has literally millions of views. The most popular is at 10 million?!?



Possible Explanations for the Popularity of Fred:
Some people watch literally EVERYTHING on YouTube
He forces friends to watch these videos at gunpoint
NAMBLA
This is the end result of the complete failure of our public education system
Blogs, in shock that people are watching these, link to them causing more views

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i REALLY want to punch him in the face.

Kenneth said...

Yeah, I accidentally stumbled upon Fred while looking up YouTube videos to use to teach my students...the idea that soemone is using this crap to teach kids English makes literally no sense, but apparently that's one use for Fred.

This is Kenneth, by the way.